General Discussion

About ToyHeroes

squiz

The short answer is yes. If you want to know to full answer, like the reason why it is illegal, it is because like any other game, MicroVolts, has copyrights and the previous owners (rockhyppo, which turned out to be some kind of fake thingy, idk about the whole story of why and how it was fake and etc) sold the rights to the game. After selling them to Masangsoft they kept the game on for another like 3 years or 4, leaving the game unattended (no seasonal updates, atihack protection, bad and slow support service and all that stuff) also leaving the christmas background and most of the important sets and items in the capsule machine to squeeze money as much as they could before closing it. Toy heroes was, however, like any other private server, created illegally by some random people who wanted money and it was developed while mv was still working knowing that mv would eventually be closed. Now, the thing is that even though it is a private, illegal server it can't be closed at the moment, the only thing that keeps all the private server from being closed is that people don;t know of them and they are created for a few people to play on, like the developers are just freinds who wanna have fun and they just don't spread it that's why it is not tehnically illegal to create a private server for u and ur friends but the moment u create a payment system and spread it so that a lot of people can play on it, mainly the idea of you getting money from something you don't own any copyrights to in the first place maked it illegal. So an an answe i can tell you that it is totally illegal, the staff is 100% aware of that, and most of the people playing it are either aware or have been warned that it is illegal and the consiquence of the buying stuff on it is that the game can close at any moment. The staff however has no intention of closing the game until they get to squeeze even the last possible cent from their players, the main prove for that is that they are afraid of mv being released that's why they have recently risen the rare item drop chance and other stuff that makes you want to spend moeny in the game. Also for the ones wandering why the game it is not closed yet, it is bcs, as i stated earlier, it becomes illegal when u earn money from it but it also becomes a problem that has to be solved when the original game has to take back it's players and gain the money they rightfully deserve through owning the copyrights to the game, which means that the moment the original mv is released they have to close the game if they don't want any real trouble, or even sooner, when the closed beta gets released. Hope this is helpful and sry for being a blabbermouth.

• Thanks 3
11 hours ago, Sorel said:

The short answer is yes. If you want to know to full answer, like the reason why it is illegal, it is because like any other game, MicroVolts, has copyrights and the previous owners (rockhyppo, which turned out to be some kind of fake thingy, idk about the whole story of why and how it was fake and etc) sold the rights to the game. After selling them to Masangsoft they kept the game on for another like 3 years or 4, leaving the game unattended (no seasonal updates, atihack protection, bad and slow support service and all that stuff) also leaving the christmas background and most of the important sets and items in the capsule machine to squeeze money as much as they could before closing it. Toy heroes was, however, like any other private server, created illegally by some random people who wanted money and it was developed while mv was still working knowing that mv would eventually be closed. Now, the thing is that even though it is a private, illegal server it can't be closed at the moment, the only thing that keeps all the private server from being closed is that people don;t know of them and they are created for a few people to play on, like the developers are just freinds who wanna have fun and they just don't spread it that's why it is not tehnically illegal to create a private server for u and ur friends but the moment u create a payment system and spread it so that a lot of people can play on it, mainly the idea of you getting money from something you don't own any copyrights to in the first place maked it illegal. So an an answe i can tell you that it is totally illegal, the staff is 100% aware of that, and most of the people playing it are either aware or have been warned that it is illegal and the consiquence of the buying stuff on it is that the game can close at any moment. The staff however has no intention of closing the game until they get to squeeze even the last possible cent from their players, the main prove for that is that they are afraid of mv being released that's why they have recently risen the rare item drop chance and other stuff that makes you want to spend moeny in the game. Also for the ones wandering why the game it is not closed yet, it is bcs, as i stated earlier, it becomes illegal when u earn money from it but it also becomes a problem that has to be solved when the original game has to take back it's players and gain the money they rightfully deserve through owning the copyrights to the game, which means that the moment the original mv is released they have to close the game if they don't want any real trouble, or even sooner, when the closed beta gets released. Hope this is helpful and sry for being a blabbermouth.

It really is helpful, thanks for the info ๐Ÿท

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Sorel said:

I swear I appreciate your effort to explain the situation (as the 'yes' and copyright part was all it really needed as well as being the simple truth), but the misinformation in this is so unfortunate.

We need to be able to differentiate and make distinctions between publishers and game development companies. RHP is simply a publisher, who 'sold' and 'fronted' the game, took care of at-hand customer service through 'tickets' and support, whereas NQGames, the actual korean-based company who created and steered the game, simply worked on everything. RHP just communicated that content and everything else NQGames provided them with, as well as telling them what to do, etc. in an English fashion, just like the other providers did.

To be a bit more specific, the game, 'Microvolts', is actually just an English version of the original korean game called 'H.A.V.E Online'. Just like how Toy Wars (Thai, published by TOT), Microvault (Arabic, published by Tahadi Games) and other games were other typesย of the same game, all originating from H.A.V.E Online as its main 'predecessor'.ย 

I hope that makes sense. We're working on conveying this exact 'origin'-like information on our community discord server to better help everyone else (returning) to be properly educated on how this whole game came to be, why we're in the current position we are now, etc.ย 

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 1

Yes, they don't own the rights to the game. Next to none of the work was done on their own, outside of attempting to rebalance and a couple scuffed game modes and a map or two.

17 hours ago, Oreo said:

I swear I appreciate your effort to explain the situation (as the 'yes' and copyright part was all it really needed as well as being the simple truth), but the misinformation in this is so unfortunate.

We need to be able to differentiate and make distinctions between publishers and game development companies. RHP is simply a publisher, who 'sold' and 'fronted' the game, took care of at-hand customer service through 'tickets' and support, whereas NQGames, the actual korean-based company who created and steered the game, simply worked on everything. RHP just communicated that content and everything else NQGames provided them with, as well as telling them what to do, etc. in an English fashion, just like the other providers did.

To be a bit more specific, the game, 'Microvolts', is actually just an English version of the original korean game called 'H.A.V.E Online'. Just like how Toy Wars (Thai, published by TOT), Microvault (Arabic, published by Tahadi Games) and other games were other typesย of the same game, all originating from H.A.V.E Online as its main 'predecessor'.ย 

I hope that makes sense. We're working on conveying this exact 'origin'-like information on our community discord server to better help everyone else (returning) to be properly educated on how this whole game came to be, why we're in the current position we are now, etc.ย 

I genuenly thank you for correcting me, I am not rly an expert when i comes to publishers, game developers, i just used things that in a general language refere to staff and all that, I on the other hand wanted to be more acurate about why Microvolts didn't shut down when it should have in the first place, TOH staff and why it is illegal but thank u rly for making the information more acurate in a domain i know nothing about and i am looking forward to reading what you can come up with as the history of the game. Have a great day!

5 minutes ago, Sorel said:

I genuenly thank you for correcting me, I am not rly an expert when i comes to publishers, game developers, i just used things that in a general language refere to staff and all that, I on the other hand wanted to be more acurate about why Microvolts didn't shut down when it should have in the first place, TOH staff and why it is illegal but thank u rly for making the information more acurate in a domain i know nothing about and i am looking forward to reading what you can come up with as the history of the game. Have a great day!

My pleasure! We'll be making a channel about it in our community discord called '#๐Ÿ“™๏ธฑmicroinfo-102', so stay tuned and don't hesitate to join in the meantime:ย discord.gg/UN66G3gW6Y.

• Like 1
On 5/9/2022 at 3:26 AM, Sorel said:

Game lore right there xD

ย 

ย 

• Haha 1