General Discussion

Why doesn't Microvolts have any socials...??

SuccubusElf

To be honest, I'm getting sick of it. Why doesn't Masang provide us with any updates? It's been aggravating and frustrating that they keep promising us that they'll release MV but there's nothing to show for it... They don't share any trailers, animation tests, or shot progression, and they don't talk about the overall progression of the game or how far they've progressed.

And I'm sure some people will respond, "Just wait until the game comes out." However, this is literally silent treatment. I'm trying to be patient, but, as I previously stated, there's nothing to show for it. They don't have any social platforms where you could just go and spend hours like people do on Instagram and Twitter. They don't even post any announcements.

And no, I'm not giving up on the game just yet because they have other games and I don't think they'd just troll us like that Masang has my complete trust. It's just the silent treatment that irritates me.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Yumemii said:

To be honest, I'm getting sick of it. Why doesn't Masang provide us with any updates? It's been aggravating and frustrating that they keep promising us that they'll release MV but there's nothing to show for it... They don't share any trailers, animation tests, or shot progression, and they don't talk about the overall progression of the game or how far they've progressed.

And I'm sure some people will respond, "Just wait until the game comes out." However, this is literally silent treatment. I'm trying to be patient, but, as I previously stated, there's nothing to show for it. They don't have any social platforms where you could just go and spend hours like people do on Instagram and Twitter. They don't even post any announcements.

And no, I'm not giving up on the game just yet because they have other games and I don't think they'd just troll us like that Masang has my complete trust. It's just the silent treatment that irritates me.

Option 1, they're terrible at communicating with their fanbase and really just don't know how to use social medias to promote their game, they just give update to players when they've established smth or finished to develop the beta version for example. Although it's really not a good thing to do long-term, I would prefer a lot more that they think like that rather than the second option that is, 

Option 2, they just keep the fans blinded, in the dark, and release a little announcement every six months like "The game release will be postponed but it will be for soon!!" just to give people some hope and then disappear again. Idk if i'm right but i think it's a marketing technique but that's kind off sad if that's the case that would mean that we're just lured into a cycle of being toyed around (pretty ironic considering the theme of their game...) as we wait, wait and still wait and suddenly, when the hype is about to fall back, they give us a piece of hope and we fall into this cycle again. 

So idk, personally I gave them the benefit of the doubt so i'll just wait for more updates i guess. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, democrite said:

Option 1, they're terrible at communicating with their fanbase and really just don't know how to use social medias to promote their game, they just give update to players when they've established smth or finished to develop the beta version for example. Although it's really not a good thing to do long-term, I would prefer a lot more that they think like that rather than the second option that is, 

Option 2, they just keep the fans blinded, in the dark, and release a little announcement every six months like "The game release will be postponed but it will be for soon!!" just to give people some hope and then disappear again. Idk if i'm right but i think it's a marketing technique but that's kind off sad if that's the case that would mean that we're just lured into a cycle of being toyed around (pretty ironic considering the theme of their game...) as we wait, wait and still wait and suddenly, when the hype is about to fall back, they give us a piece of hope and we fall into this cycle again. 

So idk, personally I gave them the benefit of the doubt so i'll just wait for more updates i guess. 

The option 2 thing: I reallly reallly reallly hope that doesn't happen lol every time people on here talk about that it makes me sad 😭 and lowkey lose hope. But if this game doesn't release by the END of this game then i'm done. How about you? and how long have u been playing this game?

• Like 1

I for some reason can't react to posts right now, it seems like there is a limit to do so?? That doesn't make a lot of sense but okay, sorry for the off topic- I agree with both of you so badly on this!! It's been 6 years hasn't it? And most they can give us is like an update almost every year? That's kinda absurd, but it's not just about us being left blind for so long is also the rest of the industry, since most people don't know the game is "coming back". It'll be kinda difficult to maintain, rebuild and grow a fanbase when you so rarely give them anything to wait for (like seriously, patience is important of course, and it's admirable that we're still all here and all but damn, they really need to get their shit together of they want us to keep coming here, all we have is concept art which is fine but like- Not enough to keep us engaged for another year I think). I'm worried this year we will be told the game is coming back again but later be told that "it's not this year tho".

Sorry I can't really vocalize my opinion in a better way right now, so I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes and like- Not getting the time correctly (I can't remember if it is 6 years since the game closed or not-)

Screenshot_20220501-101624_1.png

• Like 1

lol It's strange they have a limit for that, it doesn't make sense for real, but I agree with you. I genuinely want to reach out to them, but I know they won't listen to anything we have to say, which is kind of rude for people who want other people to play their game. They treat us like garbage, which is completely unacceptable, but I'm going to give up on them if the game isn't out this year.

I'll just have to put this game behind me once and for all. I'm curious why they won't simply create a twitter account or whatever, since if you want more people to play the game, why don't you make a social media platform so that other people know about it? It appears strange and suspicious, as if they're actually trolling us. I really hope they're not, because that's just messed up.

Do you believe they're trolling us? I know they bought the game and everything, but I'd want to hear other people's perspectives on the situation.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ANaturalDisaster said:

I for some reason can't react to posts right now, it seems like there is a limit to do so?? That doesn't make a lot of sense but okay, sorry for the off topic- I agree with both of you so badly on this!! It's been 6 years hasn't it? And most they can give us is like an update almost every year? That's kinda absurd, but it's not just about us being left blind for so long is also the rest of the industry, since most people don't know the game is "coming back". It'll be kinda difficult to maintain, rebuild and grow a fanbase when you so rarely give them anything to wait for (like seriously, patience is important of course, and it's admirable that we're still all here and all but damn, they really need to get their shit together of they want us to keep coming here, all we have is concept art which is fine but like- Not enough to keep us engaged for another year I think). I'm worried this year we will be told the game is coming back again but later be told that "it's not this year tho".

Sorry I can't really vocalize my opinion in a better way right now, so I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes and like- Not getting the time correctly (I can't remember if it is 6 years since the game closed or not-)

I forgot to press quote

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Yumemii said:

It appears strange and suspicious, as if they're actually trolling us. I really hope they're not, because that's just messed up

I don't think they're trolling, or at least hope not- I mean- Really? You guys buy the rights to a game, the websites, the whole brand, are constantly "working" on the game since you constantly upload stuff on the forums once in a Blue Moon- But like- Just for the lolz??? Hejgskdakdhadhakk That would be funny but also a huge waste of money on the devs part. I know that game making takes time but considering how the game was already kinda finished it seems kinda weird that not only is this game taking a long time to be beta tested, we also have barely any clues of what we're looking forward to. You're right, they should have some sort of social media, or at least be a little more present in their own community 😕 we don't need constant leaks but at least some communication would be nice.

I would say to not lose hope but to just be mindful that for some reason our game is being advertised as none existing. Which is just- Weird?? 

39 minutes ago, ANaturalDisaster said:

I don't think they're trolling, or at least hope not- I mean- Really? You guys buy the rights to a game, the websites, the whole brand, are constantly "working" on the game since you constantly upload stuff on the forums once in a Blue Moon- But like- Just for the lolz??? Hejgskdakdhadhakk That would be funny but also a huge waste of money on the devs part. I know that game making takes time but considering how the game was already kinda finished it seems kinda weird that not only is this game taking a long time to be beta tested, we also have barely any clues of what we're looking forward to. You're right, they should have some sort of social media, or at least be a little more present in their own community 😕 we don't need constant leaks but at least some communication would be nice.

I would say to not lose hope but to just be mindful that for some reason our game is being advertised as none existing. Which is just- Weird?? 

Ugh I hate how I can't react to your post right now cause It says I've reacted to many times- like-, But anyways true true my theory for why they are taking so long is because they're maybe redoing like the animation making it more up to date like more realistic or more good quality and they're also Like designing new maps, outfits/skins and maybe even new characters and we have to remember it takes a while to design maps and skins and even characters so that's maybe whyyyy. But yh they need SOCIAL MEDIA 😭 it's so annoying just like not hearing anything from them.

And also I only started this because some guy in the general discussion the name of the topic was this is a troll a big troll and some people speculated that he might be working for toy heroes but he kinda had a point with the trolling but the reason I wouldn't believe him is because that would be a waste of money. what do you think?

• Like 1

Ugh I hate how I can't react to your post right now cause It says I've reacted to many times

What is this social media design?! sdasgdaggagshafhafh I'm sorry, like I know it's not an priority but it's kinda odd how we can't react for certain periods of times?? Idk, I guess it's because technically we're being ranked in reputation and stuff, so to avoid people from spamming love everywhere I guess lmao

And also I only started this because some guy in the general discussion the name of the topic was this is a troll a big troll and some people speculated that he might be working for toy heroes but he kinda had a point with the trolling but the reason I wouldn't believe him is because that would be a waste of money. what do you think?

Yeah I read that too- Can't tell if it's trolling but then again, I just don't get trolling and pranking in general XD Also yes, it takes a lot of time rebuilding the game, the animations, the maps, the game balancing, etc. I'll try to be mindful of that.

They do need a more social presence if they plan on launching this game, are they perhaps trying to keep a low profile for beta testing?? Is the game really not done yet, and if so, why just not say it so while still keeping contact with the fanbase? Is the team maybe not that well divided due to scheduling and maybe lack of people to fill the social presence department ( or whatever is called lol)?

I think that if they had an social media account, on Twitter or Instagram maybe idk, Youtube, it would make communication a lot easier but like, they can and SHOULD be able to tell us stuff on their own damn website! Like- It seems like for some reason they don't even try to maintain their already existing and very tired fanbase, we technically have a communication bridge but they keep ignoring us XD

Like democrite said, it feels like we're in a cycle-

2 hours ago, ANaturalDisaster said:

What is this social media design?! sdasgdaggagshafhafh I'm sorry, like I know it's not an priority but it's kinda odd how we can't react for certain periods of times?? Idk, I guess it's because technically we're being ranked in reputation and stuff, so to avoid people from spamming love everywhere I guess lmao

Social media design? I'm confused loll

Btww I know this is random what's ur race and ethnicity 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ANaturalDisaster said:

Yeah I read that too- Can't tell if it's trolling but then again, I just don't get trolling and pranking in general XD Also yes, it takes a lot of time rebuilding the game, the animations, the maps, the game balancing, etc. I'll try to be mindful of that.

They do need a more social presence if they plan on launching this game, are they perhaps trying to keep a low profile for beta testing?? Is the game really not done yet, and if so, why just not say it so while still keeping contact with the fanbase? Is the team maybe not that well divided due to scheduling and maybe lack of people to fill the social presence department ( or whatever is called lol)?

I think that if they had an social media account, on Twitter or Instagram maybe idk, Youtube, it would make communication a lot easier but like, they can and SHOULD be able to tell us stuff on their own damn website! Like- It seems like for some reason they don't even try to maintain their already existing and very tired fanbase, we technically have a communication bridge but they keep ignoring us XD

Like democrite said, it feels like we're in a cycle-

So true.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Yumemii said:

Social media design? I'm confused loll

By that I meant the designed functions of social medias, like- The coding and stuff that I'm not really aware of lol- But when I refered to this website's design, I was referring to how on most social medias/websites you can react to things endlessly (tho on other places is mostly just likes and dislikes).

So, really what I wanted to say is that it's a really odd function to give users a sort of limit to how many times they can react to posts, compared to other "social medias" (tho forums tend to be more specific and focused on one thing, it technically counts as a social medium?? Maybe idk really tho, again not that good at expressing stuff-)

Also I'm a white skin latina, Brazillian to be more specific, and you if you don't mind me asking? (sorry I mean I know your race since you you already said it before, I meant your ethinicity 😅)

Edited by ANaturalDisaster
dumb dumb (me)
  • Like 1
53 minutes ago, ANaturalDisaster said:

By that I meant the designed functions of social medias, like- The coding and stuff that I'm not really aware of lol- But when I refered to this website's design, I was referring to how on most social medias/websites you can react to things endlessly (tho on other places is mostly just likes and dislikes).

So, really what I wanted to say is that it's a really odd function to give users a sort of limit to how many times they can react to posts, compared to other "social medias" (tho forums tend to be more specific and focused on one thing, it technically counts as a social medium?? Maybe idk really tho, again not that good at expressing stuff-)

Also I'm a white skin latina, Brazillian to be more specific, and you if you don't mind me asking? (sorry I mean I know your race since you you already said it before, I meant your ethinicity 😅)

I'm Bajan aka the Caribbean ^^

Andd yeah I get you^^

• Like 2

To be honest after all of this mess of postponing stuff, no communication, etc... i have low expectation, literally low... i'm just coming here once in a while to see if anything happens, but i guess they like to keep us in the dark without saying anything...

my dream is to join a gaming studio to create games, and i know that behind the scenes there a lot to it, BUT keeping everyone in the dark without saying anything literally nothing since february, is one of the worst choice ever, i would love to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this is too much...

people have so much low expectation that they just want one announcement, even via text, even without video, animation etc...

communication is the key for everything in gaming industry, but i guess masangsoft does not like it (i would rather get  bad news from them instead of nothing... YES I'M THIS LOW)

They said that Microvolts will be released on fall 2022  via steam, we just started may, and we are still not testing the closed beta promised in the same forum post...

Masangsoft... THIS AINT IT... you are even getting me upset, and it  takes a while to do so...

at this point im just curious what they have done to the game, because this delay is no good to the future of this game if they wont change matters

Gaming studio likes to compete with each other to  brings something to the table for players around the world.. masangsoft has literally nothing to the table to offer us players...

as much as i liked microvolts, if they dont communicate, then this game will not succeed

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Onybaku said:

my dream is to join a gaming studio to create games, and i know that behind the scenes there a lot to it, BUT keeping everyone in the dark without saying anything literally nothing since february, is one of the worst choice ever, i would love to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this is too much...

I'm low-key tipsy rn so I'm sorry if I'm a dumb dumb but like- Dude you're so right!! Like- God, I can't say much about it right now but the fact our communication between devs and community is just THIS MESSY it's just kinda of a let down, it kinda takes away my want to play the game.

Okay I'm having a hard time rationalizing the why's I love what you said so I'm going to come back when I'm not with a glass in my hands lol- But seriously I hope your dreams come true, I've seen your posts and you clearly have a lot of knowledge and determination to work on game projects!! You seem like a really cool dudd and you know your stuff good luck bud (sorry I'm REALLY not fully awake-)

Also super curious on what the hell is going on with the game for them to be so silent and secret- Like- God I just want to play this shit already 😩 like- Just tell us if isn't even going to work then-

• Like 1

To be honest after all of this mess of postponing stuff, no communication, etc... i have low expectation, literally low... i'm just coming here once in a while to see if anything happens, but i guess they like to keep us in the dark without saying anything...

people have so much low expectation that they just want one announcement, even via text, even without video, animation etc...

communication is the key for everything in gaming industry, but i guess masangsoft does not like it (i would rather get  bad news from them instead of nothing... YES I'M THIS LOW)

They said that Microvolts will be released on fall 2022  via steam, we just started may, and we are still not testing the closed beta promised in the same forum post...

Masangsoft... THIS AINT IT... you are even getting me upset, and it  takes a while to do so...

at this point im just curious what they have done to the game, because this delay is no good to the future of this game if they wont change matters

Gaming studio likes to compete with each other to  brings something to the table for players around the world.. masangsoft has literally nothing to the table to offer us players...

as much as i liked microvolts, if they dont communicate, then this game will not succeed

FELTTT

• Like 2
20 hours ago, ANaturalDisaster said:

I'm low-key tipsy rn so I'm sorry if I'm a dumb dumb but like- Dude you're so right!! Like- God, I can't say much about it right now but the fact our communication between devs and community is just THIS MESSY it's just kinda of a let down, it kinda takes away my want to play the game.

Okay I'm having a hard time rationalizing the why's I love what you said so I'm going to come back when I'm not with a glass in my hands lol- But seriously I hope your dreams come true, I've seen your posts and you clearly have a lot of knowledge and determination to work on game projects!! You seem like a really cool dudd and you know your stuff good luck bud (sorry I'm REALLY not fully awake-)

Also super curious on what the hell is going on with the game for them to be so silent and secret- Like- God I just want to play this shit already 😩 like- Just tell us if isn't even going to work then-

ahaha thanks, but yeah i still have a LOT to learn, i feel like i just started lol

I dont know for sure, but for what i can guess about why  the game it got so much delayed and not much communication, i feel like is mostly because there is not a lot of people working on it behind the scenes so the progression  is slow, but the real  problem of all of this  is the false hope...

the thing i hate is that they estimated a launch date  like 2/3 times? and we are still here waiting after all of the promises made...

and i'm mostly sure that they dont even know when the game will be launched tbh, they just say that  to make the players, quote on quote ''happy'' or ''hyped'' again, but they are doing it horribly...

if they were honest and more open on what happened on behind the scenes, then i would trust more the devs... right now they said fall 2022, but how many players here do really trust that date? years ago i was 100% sure when they said a date release, now i'm at 30%, just because of the false hope... if they dont have a plan schedule for a release, then dont say a date release it in the first place... just say coming soon and it would have been much better...

gaining trust from the players should be their priority, but it doesnt seems like it in this case lmao

Edited by Onybaku
  • Like 2

ahaha thanks, but yeah i still have a LOT to learn, i feel like i just started lol

I dont know for sure, but for what i can guess about why  the game it got so much delayed and not much communication, i feel like is mostly because there is not a lot of people working on it behind the scenes so the progression  is slow, but the real  problem of all of this  is the false hope...

the thing i hate is that they estimated a launch date  like 2/3 times? and we are still here waiting after all of the promises made...

and i'm mostly sure that they dont even know when the game will be launched tbh, they just say that  to make the players, quote on quote ''happy'' or ''hyped'' again, but they are doing it horribly...

if they were honest and more open on what happened on behind the scenes, then i would trust more the devs... right now they said fall 2022, but how many players here do really trust that date? years ago i was 100% sure when they said a date release, now i'm at 30%, just because of the false hope... if they dont have a plan schedule for a release, then dont say a date release it in the first place... just say coming soon and it would have been much better...

gaining trust from the players should be their priority, but it doesnt seems like it in this case lmao

TRUEEEEE!!! (Hey, not as tipsy anymore, what's up everyone!)

It's a bit awkward to say stuff now that I'm aware that yes they do log on and possibly read the posts, but still I think that it's been so long that just saying something about "well it won't be here yet, but this is the progress we've been making" would be a lot better than the long silence between updates. It would be a lot better for most players to just hear some confirmation that even the team isn't so sure of the launch date yet, it would be a bit more honest.

I do hope the game comes but I'm also like, a bit apprehensive, I'm not so sure I trust the Fall 2022 date, not that I need a more specific time- I just really don't know anymore what to expect.

I don't know anything about gaming studio but I think they're struggling with software development, since MV was using old engine of nvidea and players nowadays are expecting better things (keeping in mind that what new players wanna see or even non weeb players) so I'm hoping they're taking time to port it into something else and also they mentioned about releasing it on steam, there's probably something else you have to do before uploading the files on steam since steam is a pretty solid platform for games to run perfectly.

YES, this is no excuse for being this silent.. I mean c'mon even I go out for a walk for fresh air and to see green grass once in awhile, but this sounds like they don't even do that fr 😕

I don't wanna be some random guy ranting here,BUT I came to play this game at very last moment after my 2 year of highschool coming back home to finally meet my old friends inside MV.. WHO I DONT HAVE CONTACTS WITH CUZ THE GAME SHUTDOWN BEFORE I ASKED EM  just to see the game was terminated in 2016.. since that day I've been waiting and all I see is them throw some random postpone announcement out of the dark. 

Its not like there's no other game I can play but tbh my friends circle were all in MV and it died as it sunk in ._.

• Like 2