General Discussion

To Mircovoltss

SuccubusElf

Will there be diversity in the characters? I've been playing this game since 2013 and I'm black and the only black character I've seen in Mv was a character called shark kill Chan I think, but ngl he was kinda boring and there wasn't much to him like the other characters, And back in 2013 I was like 8 lol and didn't really care about representation back then but now that I've gotten older and stuff It would be nice to have like a black character to play as.^^ (Day 1 of trying to get your attention about this^^)

• Like 3

Sharkill Kahn had a pretty nice design - his voice though, from what i remember, wasn't as good as it could have been.

Actually i strictly remember that most of the new characters had weird voices. (Simon's was somewhat alright though)

As for more characters, didn't we have like nine characters total?

I'd honestly want them to put it back down to the main four for the time being (Knox, Pandora, Naomi, C.H.I.P) and get the other characters new voice actors.

The cast of the main four really went to town on their characters (Especially C.H.I.P's), giving them an absolutely outstanding and charming set of voices.

• Like 1

Hi! I've noticed that some players are a bit apprehensive when it comes to having new characters, I can't remember correctly but I think characters like Sharkill Khan, Amelia and I think Sophitia(?) didn't get any sets and stuff?? And as Spiffy said, they had weird voices as well. Tho personally I don't mind new characters as long as they give them a nice design and personality😄

It would be really cool to have more customization options, I was thinking that maybe instead of adding new characters they could maybe add character sets that give the OG main characters completely different looks (I'm thinking about- Sets of clothes, skin, hair and weapons based on different ethinicities and countries, they could even base these sets on the player base! Like- A Brazillian set, for example). But that may sound kinda silly and too much work for the team right now, so what if instead we could have skintone options and more kinds of hairstyles? I think that would be really cool and easier for the Masang Team to work with.

It doesn't sound impossible, and I do hope that in the end they'll find a way to add more character variety and representation in one way or another 😄

• Like 3

No, most of u are wrong, $harkill had 1 set, nice voicelines but he was broing bcs people will always play naomi, kai and pandora andyways bcs thei are the most used characters, Simon had enough sets and parts and even had his own wepons set(just like Amelia) ,Amelia had quite a few sets and her voice was deep and nice, as for Sophitia, she has a lot of sets and most of them where available on the capsule machine, she basically had most of naomi's full sets, not all of them but at least half of them, her voice was very nice, i think there's no need to change anything about how the characters speak and look, aside from bringing new parts into the game, so stop being like this and bring good ideas, the characters had nothing wrong with them, the only issue is that people didn't play them too often bcs the other ones(the classic ones) were just better in their eyes. I hope mansangsoft doesn't do anything to the characters, and ie bet this isn't and unpopular opinion. And for the ones saying their voices were weird, their voices just had echo, nothing more, Simon sounded like a normal dude and Amelia had a deep elf voice just like she should, not to mention sophitia was just very talkative.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I really agree with Sorel and ANaturalDisaster tbh. I don't want them to change the main characters like Naomi, Pandora, chip and Knox I LOVE THEM lolz they're to iconic to be changed. I mean like maybe you could like for example, customizing Naomi giving her like a dark shade skin color or whatever but like ofc the default character is pale. But like I haven't heard any of you mention the fact there's no like poc lolz. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Yumemii said:

But like I haven't heard any of you mention the fact there's no like poc lolz.

There really isn't any poc characters except for Sharkill Khan I think! And maybe Naomi and Kai if you consider them Korean- I personally wouldn't mind new characters (I don't know if I expressed myself well on my first comment, but I wasn't trying to say I don't like the Newer characters (Amelia,Sharkill,Sophitia,Simon,and I can't remember if there was someone else lol) I was trying to say that some players may not like the idea of more characters being added (without proper treatment), and tried giving an perspective as to why- Really, really poorly tho ;v; ).

I think that adding other shades of skin tones would be a great way to add representation while also leting the players create their own looks (I'm a little excited at the amount of possibilities for character customization that this game could have-), I'm actually really glad you created this topic, it's nice, so, thanks!! :3

Also desafinado56 is absolutely right-

• Like 4

I get you! and I also think I didn't express myself properly lol cause I don't really like the idea of getting new characters lol but I it would fun to customize the characters skin tones and stuff^^. And yh I'm pretty sure Naomi and kai are Asian for suree

and btw you're really nice^^ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To be fair all i got to say about this is that everyone should be patient the way you all been until now. What i mean is if you did not show any interest in microvolts why you doing it now all of sudden. Just because Leo posted smth on forum ? This is the irony someone shows you a bit attention and you seek more. I think they keep a good job by not leaking anything except the fact that they leaked 2 custom sets (which i think they shouldn't) Why i think this because that surprise should be kept until the release date of close beta. Therefore, the audience will have a better positive hype instead of this negative atitude you have. Okay we can argue that if they did not leak anything and do not talk to us through the Forum they  show no interest but again. My counter argument to what i said earlier is : They wouldn't try to buy this game from the beginning if they weren't really serious about it and into it. However the fact the game been dead. In conclusion all i got to say all this secrets they keep its a good thing and a bad thing still, we should keep a positive attitude towards the project manager which i assume its Leo and the others stakeholders of this small firm which is trying their best in order to provide us a good service 😈

• Like 1

What does it matter if the game has "a diverse character selection". Bro, I know we are in the year 2022 but why does it all have to be about diversity and inclusion.

This is a game about toys fighting for battery charges for crying out loud.

I honestly don't care if you are black, yellow, blue or magenta nor does it matter if you identify as a racecar or a toilet seat. Creating games should not be about appeasing the social norms or the "trendy" movements. It should be about making something fun. Restricting that or saying "Since I am black, I will feel offended or left out when there is no black character" is underhanded and rude at the least.

Other note - So whoever plays C.H.I.P is apparently a kitchen appliance or what? Did a microwave write to Microvolts crying about not being represented?
It is just about what the creators of the game want to have in their game, any weird and underhanded whining wont make anyone's life any better except appease your insecurity about some random, non-gaming related, agenda.

To begin with, the fact that you called it "trendy" shows me exactly who you are. Second, it's not that big of a concern if there isn't a black character It was just a subjection and I just wanted to discuss it... And when did I ever claim that I'm upset if there isn't a black character, and how the fuck is it disrespectful to simply inquire or discuss it? You come across as really stupid and ignorant.

C.H.I.P - He had this one skin that was literal black face. He had an afro on and black face... so yeah and I don't really care about that character

And my insecurity.???? girl/boy- kindly stfu and k- have a nice day^^.

• Like 4
55 minutes ago, BongLenis said:

What does it matter if the game has "a diverse character selection". Bro, I know we are in the year 2022 but why does it all have to be about diversity and inclusion.

I honestly don't care if you are black, yellow, blue or magenta nor does it matter if you identify as a racecar or a toilet seat. Creating games should not be about appeasing the social norms or the "trendy" movements. It should be about making something fun. Restricting that or saying "Since I am black, I will feel offended or left out when there is no black character" is underhanded and rude at the least.

Other note - So whoever plays C.H.I.P is apparently a kitchen appliance or what? Did a microwave write to Microvolts crying about not being represented?
It is just about what the creators of the game want to have in their game, any weird and underhanded whining wont make anyone's life any better except appease your insecurity about some random, non-gaming related, agenda.

I forgot to press reply💀

• Like 1

Having character options like different skintones and hairstyles with different texture, or even having new characters that seem to be from different races/ethinicities (in doll-form, of course) wouldn't change the game's core gameplay, lore or even mechanics, it would just give people a bit more freedom to create their own style and feel welcome in the fanbase.

It wasn't an MAJOR part of the old game, but customizing the characters was a very nice experience for a lot of players. Again, they didn't play the game JUST for that, but because there was the option to do so, created an open way for even more players to find interest in this game, the more players the better, that's why represantation is important for both game companies and player base. It's not really a trend as more of both a social discussion that has been more visible and talked about in recent years, and a marketing/engagement strategy for most companies (which can be morally grey most of the time, since they're more likely than not just using representation to load their own pockets without any real concern to said rep, but then again, what's the problem of getting more players by making them feel welcomed, right? And also- Idk man, poc exist too so I can't see why having more rep would be so controversial XD).

Not trying to diss anyone or even start a fight, I wanted to offer an view as to how this could be beneficial for our game and to also remember us all that this is just a discussion being had between players- It's a suggestion mostly, and a conversation that may not change anything for the game but can still be enjoyable and interesting to have.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, ANaturalDisaster said:

Having character options like different skintones and hairstyles with different texture, or even having new characters that seem to be from different races/ethinicities (in doll-form, of course) wouldn't change the game's core gameplay, lore or even mechanics, it would just give people a bit more freedom to create their own style and feel welcome in the fanbase.

It wasn't an MAJOR part of the old game, but customizing the characters was a very nice experience for a lot of players. Again, they didn't play the game JUST for that, but because there was the option to do so, created an open way for even more players to find interest in this game, the more players the better, that's why represantation is important for both game companies and player base. It's not really a trend as more of both a social discussion that has been more visible and talked about in recent years, and a marketing/engagement strategy for most companies (which can be morally grey most of the time, since they're more likely than not just using representation to load their own pockets without any real concern to said rep, but then again, what's the problem of getting more players by making them feel welcomed, right? And also- Idk man, poc exist too so I can't see why having more rep would be so controversial XD).

Not trying to diss anyone or even start a fight, I wanted to offer an view as to how this could be beneficial for our game and to also remember us all that this is just a discussion being had between players- It's a suggestion mostly, and a conversation that may not change anything for the game but can still be enjoyable and interesting to have.

Thank you so much for this, you stated it much better than I could lol, I have a hard time expressing myself at times, but you worded things much better. I'm not sure why people are upset when I simply stated that it would be fun to have some diversity in the game. I knew this was going to happen lol, and I was hesitant to even bring it up since I knew most people wouldn't want to hear about having diversity in the game.

• Like 4
On 4/28/2022 at 10:49 AM, Kyba said:

To be fair all i got to say about this is that everyone should be patient the way you all been until now. What i mean is if you did not show any interest in microvolts why you doing it now all of sudden. Just because Leo posted smth on forum ? This is the irony someone shows you a bit attention and you seek more. I think they keep a good job by not leaking anything except the fact that they leaked 2 custom sets (which i think they shouldn't) Why i think this because that surprise should be kept until the release date of close beta. Therefore, the audience will have a better positive hype instead of this negative atitude you have. Okay we can argue that if they did not leak anything and do not talk to us through the Forum they  show no interest but again. My counter argument to what i said earlier is : They wouldn't try to buy this game from the beginning if they weren't really serious about it and into it. However the fact the game been dead. In conclusion all i got to say all this secrets they keep its a good thing and a bad thing still, we should keep a positive attitude towards the project manager which i assume its Leo and the others stakeholders of this small firm which is trying their best in order to provide us a good service 😈

Bro you're so off topic, who said anything anything about them not saying anything about their updates? We're just making suggestions for what we want to see as the players of the game aka the people they're appealing to☠️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, BongLenis said:

You are literally fighting a ghost right now because who said we were mad?? You're the only that's mad over people bringing up a suggestion for diversity as if diverse people don't exist irl ☠️ You're the one being underhanded and rude if anything, coming at people sideways over nothing. If you don't see the need for diversity, that is your business but don't you get all upset and cry if people have different views. Not everything will appeal to you. The fact that you put all kinds of colours that people aren't even irl and identities of literal objects says a lot about what  kind of person you are. A weirdo who clearly has a race problem. Why does it get under your skin that black people want black characters? Are you really so sensitive???? Like grow up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Yumemii said:

Thank you so much for this, you stated it much better than I could lol, I have a hard time expressing myself at times, but you worded things much better. I'm not sure why people are upset when I simply stated that it would be fun to have some diversity in the game. I knew this was going to happen lol, and I was hesitant to even bring it up since I knew most people wouldn't want to hear about having diversity in the game.

Thanks a lot Yumemii!!

I'm also terrible with my words lol, especially when it comes to this sort of conversation since I can be pretty ignorant to the topic of poc representation in media and honestly anything and everything lol. It takes me a long time to decide what to say and I was still trying to keep it short XD thanks a lot! (Off topic P.S: Using this website on my phone is so goddamn glitchy- It's really late here and I was planning on sleeping, I don't want to turn on my computer lol)

• Like 1

People argue about adding new characters to the game but idk what else devs could do to update their game except making new maps, new cosmetics. I don't think they will add more game mods bc there're already plenty so this feels logical that they will create new characters and we all hope that there will be diversity bc even if u consider that adding POC characters to the game isn't necessary, u've to admit that it's really boring to see ONLY white characters everytime you play, I wanna play an arabian barbie! 
And to bring up the artwork Spiffy showed, idk if I'm paranoid but I don't like how the two white characters are like beautiful, well presented, in the foreground etc and the two characters with a darker skin tone are in the background, have a threatening look and all. Idk if it's just me but this feels racially wrong...

• Like 2
5 hours ago, democrite said:

People argue about adding new characters to the game but idk what else devs could do to update their game except making new maps, new cosmetics. I don't think they will add more game mods bc there're already plenty so this feels logical that they will create new characters and we all hope that there will be diversity bc even if u consider that adding POC characters to the game isn't necessary, u've to admit that it's really boring to see ONLY white characters everytime you play, I wanna play an arabian barbie! 
And to bring up the artwork Spiffy showed, idk if I'm paranoid but I don't like how the two white characters are like beautiful, well presented, in the foreground etc and the two characters with a darker skin tone are in the background, have a threatening look and all. Idk if it's just me but this feels racially wrong...

I agree^^

Btw off topic but have u even seen C.H.I.Ps skin that had a afro and literal blackface. I don't even know how I didn't even notice that back then but most likely cause like I was young and didn't know what black face was and stuff. But I'm so shocked lol like woww I can't believe the developers of the game really thought that was a good idea to make that skin for C.H.I.P

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Yumemii said:

C.H.I.Ps skin that had a afro and literal blackface

When I was younger I used to see some people wearing that skin and at the time I wasn't really aware of the implications but yeaaaaaaaaah.... I don't know, I don't think it aged well 0_0 Personally never played as C.H.I.P but I hope they don't add it- Or maybe change it to be less, like, that? Idk really what could be done on that skin-

Democrite is so right! Tho sorry for my confusion but- Who is the character besides Knox on that picture Spiffy shared? I didn't bring it up before because I thought someone would mention their name eventually but I still don't know who they are :'D Are they new?

• Like 1

I mean.. Jimi is actually a real thing. Based off an actual statue/figure. Same with Tight and Awesome. I also know for a fact that Orcasword and Sharknife were originally from a comic 

Also the character besides Knox is unknown.

Edit: Here are the rest of the crew. It's a shame ALL of em didn't get added.

ge45gertg.png

Edited by Spiffy
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Spiffy said:

Jimi is actually a real thing. Based off an actual statue/figure

I didn't know that skin was based on an artist really, but now that you mentioned I searched it up and apparently it's based on Jimi Hendrix, he seems to be a really well-known guitarist (tho seriously, I live under a rock man- I didn't know!!).

I'm not gonna lie, I thought the skin was based on disco tropes/stereotypes (?), so my bad for not really searching it up in the first place. I can't really speak on this topic tho since I really don't know anything but C.H.I.P's lips on that skin kinda resembles black face a bit (not American nor black so I don't know the history of it- Still, thanks a lot for mentioning it! I personally just never searched up the references used on the skins ;v;)

Also all those C.H.I.P skins are so good!! Damn, I should have played with him when I had the chance 😢 all his stuff is so colorful and creative. 

• Like 1